Following graduation from college in 1964, Duane began a mentoring relationship with a registered psychologist in Vancouver. He suggested that rather than pursing a graduate degree in psychology that he guide him through a developmental process that would give be the equivalent of an MA in clinical psychology. This course involved several hundred books and hours of counseling for a medical clinic in Castlegar, BC. He also took some selected courses from the U. Vic, UCLA and University of Minnesota. During this time he was also pastoring. (1963-1981)
- 1963 – 1980 Pastored in Campbell River and Castlegar, BC
- 1981 – 2005 Established a private counseling practice in Vernon;
- 1983 – 2001 Taught modular courses at King’s Bible College;
- 1985 – 2005 Taught modular courses at Living Faith Bible College;
- 1985 – (Present) Oversight to Churches in N.A. and overseas;
- 1991 – 2005 taught modular courses at GMF Christian University in Lagos;
- Worked developmentally with two registered psychologists in Lethbridge, AB;
- Received numerous referrals from medical doctors in Kamloops and Vernon;
- Conducted stress management seminars for hospitals and several companies;
- Conducted numerous management and leadership seminars for a variety of businesses and Churches.
Duane and his wife Marva were married in 1964 and presently live in Bragg Creek, AB He has authored 2 books, written many articles and is in the process of writing a third book. Duane and Marva have 3 children, 28 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. He is the primary caregiver to his wife who suffers the consequences of Post-Polio Syndrome.